Q3 2014 highlights
- Autonomous revenue growth 6.7%; core brands performing well
- EBITE increased to €4.9 million; year-to-date EBITE €22.3 million
- ABC reported as discontinued operation as of 30 September; divestment process under way
- EBITE at Branded is expected to increase in H2 2014 versus the second half of last year
- Ronald Merckx to be nominated for re-appointment as member of the Executive Board and CFO at next AGM in April
Christophe Barnouin (CEO) commented: "We continue to execute our strategy to transform Wessanen into a focused European player in healthy and sustainable food.
Our brands growing profitably
In Q3, strong sales of our own brands, on the back of new product launches and increased distribution, were translated into autonomous growth of over 7%. We invested more in marketing in the quarter to build our brands, for example airing TV commercials for Bjorg, Alter Eco, Krisprolls and Zonnatura. We will continue to invest in our brands to grow and strengthen their positions in our growing markets.
We have initiated the divestment process of ABC, which we aim to complete in the coming months. This should complete our transformation into a pure player in healthy and sustainable food.
A unique contribution to sustainability
By focusing our entire organisation and product portfolio exclusively on organic, fair trade, vegetarian and nutritional products, all teams at Wessanen contribute every day to one clear and unified goal, defined by our mission 'healthier food, healthier people, healthier planet'."
Media, investor & analyst enquiries
Carl Hoyer (VP Corporate Communications & Investor Relations)
Phone +31 20 3122 140 / +31 6 123 556 58
Back to press releases